Re: Buildfarm "master-next" branch? (was: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff)

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Buildfarm "master-next" branch? (was: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff)
Date: 2014-04-17 00:24:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/17/2014 12:08 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>>> OK, can you prepare a patch?
>>
>> Please find attached patch to address this issue.
>> One minor point to note is that now we have to call GetLastError() twice,
>> once inside error path and once to check EEXIST, but I think that is okay
>> as existing code in PGSharedMemoryCreate() does it that way.
>
> OK. I committed this blindly, but I don't have a Windows dev
> environment, so please keep an eye on the Windows buildfarm members
> and provide follow-on patches if any of them get unhappy about this.

Given that we're doing this a fair bit, is it reasonable to define a
"master-next" branch in git and have the buildfarm (or at least the
Windows members) build that?

Permit master-next to be rebased and reset.

That way it's possible to fire stuff off and see what happens on the
buildfarm without introducing broken commits unnecessarily.

Thoughts?