Re: WAL replay bugs

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: sachin kotwal <kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL replay bugs
Date: 2014-04-10 09:21:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/10/2014 10:52 AM, sachin kotwal wrote:

> I executed given steps many times to produce this bug.
> But still I unable to hit this bug.
> I used attached scripts to produce this bug.
>
> Can I get scripts to produce this bug?
>

> wal_replay_bug.sh
> <http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5799512/wal_replay_bug.sh>

Oh, I can't reproduce it using that script either. I must've used some
variation of it, and posted wrong script.

The attached seems to do the trick. I changed the INSERT statements
slightly, so that all the new rows have the same key.

Thanks for verifying this!

- Heikki

Attachment Content-Type Size
wal_replay_bug.sh application/x-shellscript 1.2 KB