Re: inherit support for foreign tables

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date: 2014-03-27 12:53:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2014/03/27 10:49), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2014/03/26 17:14), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>> Finally, although I insist the necessity of the warning for child
>> foreign tables on alter table, if you belive it to be put off,
>> I'll compromise by putting a note to CF-app that last judgement
>> is left to committer.
>
> OK So, if there are no objections of other, I'll mark this patch as
> "ready for committer" and do that.

I'll do it right now, since there seems to be no objections of others.

I've revised the patch a bit further, mainly the documentation. Patch
attached.

Note: as mentioned above, Horiguchi-san insisted that warning
functionality for recursive ALTER TABLE operations for inheritance trees
that contain one or more children that are foreign. However, that
functionality hasn't been included in the patch, since ISTM that that
functionality should be implemented as a separate patch [1]. We leave
this for commiters to decide.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5321ABD2.6000104@lab.ntt.co.jp

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
foreign_inherit-v9.patch text/plain 60.7 KB