Internationalization

From: CS DBA <cs_dba(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Internationalization
Date: 2014-03-13 21:27:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All;

we want to store data in a generic fashion (COLLATION / ENCODING?)

and then define on the fly which language to display it in, as well as
force that language rules for indexes & sorting. I know how to set
COLLATION for the sorting / index rules but how would I force the select
results to be displayed in another language such as French or German?

Thanks in advance