Re: gaussian distribution pgbench

From: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Date: 2014-03-11 04:49:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2014/03/09 1:49), Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Hello Mitsumasa-san,
>
>> New "\setrandom" interface is here.
>> \setrandom var min max [gaussian threshold | exponential threshold]
>
>> Attached patch realizes this interface, but it has little bit ugly codeing in
>> executeStatement() and process_commands()..
>
> I think it is not too bad. The "ignore extra arguments on the line" is a little
> pre-existing mess anyway.
All right.

>> What do you think?
>
> I'm okay with this UI and its implementation.
OK.

Attached patch is updated in the document. I don't like complex sentence,
so I use <para> tag a lot. If you like this documents, please mark ready for
commiter.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
gaussian_and_exponential_pgbench_v10doc.patch text/x-diff 23.6 KB