Re: new json funcs

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new json funcs
Date: 2014-01-24 18:26:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/22/2014 12:49 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 01/21/2014 06:21 PM, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On 1/18/14, 10:05 PM, I wrote:
>>> But I'll continue with my review now that this has been sorted out.
>>
>> Sorry about the delay.
>>
>> I think the API for the new functions looks good. They are all
>> welcome additions to the JSON family.
>>
>> The implementation side looks reasonable to me. I'm not sure there's
>> need to duplicate so much code, though. E.g. json_to_recordset is
>> almost identical to json_populate_recordset, and json_to_record has a
>> bit of the same disease.
>>
>> Finally, (as I'm sure you know already), docs are still missing.
>> Marking the patch Waiting on Author for the time being.
>>

> New patch attached. Main change is I changed
> json_populate_record/json_to_record to call a common worker function,
> and likewise with json_populate_recordset/json_to_recordset.
>
> We're still finalizing the docs - should be ready in the next day or so.

OK, here's the patch, this time with docs, thanks to Merlin Moncure and
Josh Berkus for help with that.

I want to do some more wordsmithing around json_to_record{set} and
json_populate_record{set}, but I think this is close to being
committable as is.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
newjsonfuncs-5.patch text/x-patch 49.8 KB