Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Marco Atzeri <marco(dot)atzeri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd
Date: 2014-01-24 11:56:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/24/2014 01:20 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>> AFAICT the regression is in Cygwin. The buildfarm passes because it's
>> using an oldish Cygwin release, 1.7.7 rather than the current 1.7.27. I
>> have brought the regression the athe attention of the Cygwin people in
>> the past, but without response.
>
> which issue ?
> During my package tests I have only two issues:
>
> tsearch ... FAILED
> and
> test: prepared_xacts
> must be skipped as it never completes

Those two issues need to be fixed. And yes, they are regressions from my
Cygwin 1.7.7 setup where they pass consistently, just about every day.
See <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=brolga&br=HEAD>

You don't get to choose which regression tests you're going to pass and
which you're not. Disabling the tests or providing nonsensical results
files are unacceptable. This is a Cygwin behavior issue and needs to be
fixed.

cheers

andrew