Re: new json funcs

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new json funcs
Date: 2014-01-21 23:21:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andrew,

On 1/18/14, 10:05 PM, I wrote:
> But I'll continue with my review now that this has been sorted out.

Sorry about the delay.

I think the API for the new functions looks good. They are all welcome
additions to the JSON family.

The implementation side looks reasonable to me. I'm not sure there's
need to duplicate so much code, though. E.g. json_to_recordset is
almost identical to json_populate_recordset, and json_to_record has a
bit of the same disease.

Finally, (as I'm sure you know already), docs are still missing.
Marking the patch Waiting on Author for the time being.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja