Re: CREATE TABLESPACE WITH

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLESPACE WITH
Date: 2014-01-15 05:02:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/14/14, 8:07 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:

>>> That should probably be WITH instead of SET for consistency with other
>>> similar DDL.
>>
>> Here is version 2 of the patch, which uses WITH instead of SET, and also
>> adds to the documentation.
> I just had a quick look at this patch, no testing at all. I am seeing
> that regression tests are still missing here, they should be added in
> src/test/regress/input/tablespace.source. Then, for the use of either
> WITH or SET... For example CREATE FUNCTION uses SET for a
> configuration parameter, and ALTER FUNCTION is consistent with that.
> So SET makes more sense to be consistent with CREATE TABLESPACE? This
> patch should not be modified once again as long as there are no more
> opinions though...

You know, this doesn't do much to encourage people to submit patches since it was just suggested that we use WITH instead of SET. :(

Anyone have an easy way to see which is more prevalent? I'd be stuck with \h or trying to grep SGML... I'm hoping someone else has an easier way...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net