replicate per tablespace

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: replicate per tablespace
Date: 2014-01-07 02:22:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Here's an odd question. Kind of an in the future thing.

I have two db's on two smaller boxes I'd like to combine to one big box. But one db is replicated and the other doesn't need it.

I know currently you must replicate the entire cluster. I was just wondering, would it be a possible way forward to support WAL logging per tablespace. (each tablespace wal's to different directory). Then, as a logical step, could we support replication per tablespace?

Just kinda thinking out loud.

-Andy