Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO
Date: 2013-12-10 23:38:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just to add a data point (and sorry, I can't find where someone was talking about numbers in the thread)...

For a while earlier this year we were running a 3.x kernel and saw a very modest (1-2%) improvement in overall performance. This would be on a server with 512G RAM running ext4.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net