Re: Full Stored Procedure Support, any time soon ?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Full Stored Procedure Support, any time soon ?
Date: 2013-12-01 00:01:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/30/2013 3:27 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I don't think that's a limitation. The client will still iterate
> through one result set at a time.

PQexec etc return a PGresult *

the various PQxxxxx functions that accept PGresult * as an argument,
each only return info about the single resultset, like PQntuples,
PQnfields, PQgetvalue, PQfname, PQfnumber, etc... I guess we'd need
some new functions to return the number of resultsets, and choose a
resultset by index number, then those above functions would refer to the
'currently chosen' PQresult ? or at least a res =
PQnextresult(PGresult *res), which returns 0 if there is no next resultset ?

--
john r pierce 37N 122W