Re: Compile and test in netbeans

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compile and test in netbeans
Date: 2013-11-20 07:58:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/18/2013 02:06 AM, Rohit Goyal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to modify postgresql code for the first time.
> I tried to use netbeans to compile the code.

If you are doing something for the first time, do it exactly how the
documentation advises.

Once you've got it working that way, *THEN* you can try to vary what
you're doing.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-procedure.html

> Please tel me the procedure to run and print using printf().

http://google.com/search?q=printf

"man printf"

However, that's not how PostgreSQL does it. Look at the "elog" and
"ereport" functions. As usual, it's in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/error-message-reporting.html

You'll find this useful too:

http://doxygen.postgresql.org/