Re: Detection of nested function calls

From: Hugo Mercier <hugo(dot)mercier(at)oslandia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Detection of nested function calls
Date: 2013-10-25 12:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le 25/10/2013 14:29, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
> Hello
>

> 2013/10/25 Hugo Mercier <hugo(dot)mercier(at)oslandia(dot)com
> <mailto:hugo(dot)mercier(at)oslandia(dot)com>>.
>
> I am quite new to postgresql hacking, so I'm sure there is room for
> improvements. But, what about this first proposal ?
>

> I am not sure, if this solution is enough - what will be done if I store
> some values in PL/pgSQL variables?

You mean if you store the result of a (nested) function evaluation in a
PL/pgSQL variable ?
Then no nesting will be detected by the parser and in this case the user
function must ensure its result is serialized, since it could be stored
(in a variable or a table) at any time.

--
Hugo Mercier
Oslandia