Re: Adding new syntax in postgre sql

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: ankit bhardwaj <ankitbhrdwj27(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding new syntax in postgre sql
Date: 2013-10-18 12:21:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/16/2013 01:17 PM, ankit bhardwaj wrote:
> I am new to postgre sql .And i want to add some new feature to postgresql
> As a startup i have taken the project to add syntax for table partitioning

Welcome to the list!

There has been some previous work done on adding this syntax, but I have
not followed it so I do not know the details or if anyone is currently
working on it (have not seen any activity about it recently on the list
though).

There is a patch linked from the wiki page about adding a partitioning
syntax which is probably worth looking at.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning#Active_Work_In_Progress

--
Andreas Karlsson