Re: Nearing beta?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nearing beta?
Date: 2013-04-11 16:22:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I can have release notes ready for April 22 --- I will get started. I
> think all our major features are committed.

Well, we still have an open commitfest to deal with.

I have taken the liberty of marking as "returned with feedback",
or moving to 2013-Next, all the commitfest entries that don't appear
to me to be committable at this point. There are two remaining
open patches:

sepgsql: db_procedure:execute permission

I do not know the status of this, but unless Robert thinks it's
committable now, it probably needs to go to 2013-Next.

pg_ctl idempotent option

We went around on whether we liked this or not, but it seemed to me
that the discussion came out at the same place Peter had submitted
to start with. I don't know why he's not committed it, but I have
no objection to him doing so, as long as it happens PDQ.