Re: Random regression failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Random regression failures
Date: 2004-08-01 22:00:33
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I am seeing random parallel regression failures. I would say 20% of
> the time I see a failure on the regression test.

FWIW, my other machine has been running repeated parallel regress tests
for several hours. It's now up to 130 completed cycles with no failures
(except one that I deliberately induced to make sure the shell script
would notice...) This is a clean build from a CVS pull at about 14:30
EDT today. All parameters default except for
configure --enable-debug --enable-cassert