Optimize crash recovery

From: Thunder <thunder1(at)126(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Optimize crash recovery
Date: 2020-03-13 15:00:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers:

During crash recovery, we compare most of the lsn of xlog record with page lsn to determine if the record has already been replayed.
The exceptions are full-page and init-page xlog records.
It's restored if the xlog record includes a full-page image of the page.
And it initializes the page if the xlog record include init page information.

When we enable checksum for the page and verify page success, can we compare the page lsn with the lsn of full-page xlog record or init page xlog record to detemine it has already been replayed?

BRS
Ray