Re: getting rid of maintainer-check

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getting rid of maintainer-check
Date: 2013-09-10 20:51:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03-09-2013 23:41, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The maintainer-check target never really caught on, I think. Most
> people don't run it, and that in turn annoys those who do. Also, it
> doesn't provide much functionality.

It has its use (before each release) but I agree that it isn't used
during minor version updates (because you need to update only one or two
po files).

> I propose that we get rid of it and roll the functionality into the
> regular build.

By 'regular build' you mean --enable-nls? If so, +1.

> - Running duplicate_oids during the regular build was already discussed
> elsewhere recently. There are some details to be resolved there, but
> it's doable.

This has been bashing sufficient developers along the years. +1.

> - Checking for tabs in SGML files can be run during the regular
> documentation build without problems.

This one too. +1.

--
Euler Taveira Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/