Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory"

From: OpenMacNews <pgsql-general(dot)20(dot)openmacnews(at)spamgourmet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory"
Date: 2004-12-06 01:55:04
Lists: pgsql-general

hi joel,

> It looks to me like you are attempting to mount a few volumes under /var?

actually, no.

i'm symlinking local volumes mounted where they're supposed to be, in /Volumes,
to ny /var/sub-hierarchy.

> I think that's going to wrinkle your handkerchief in Darwin.

it's all been settled, actually (thread's discontinious ... sorry). turns out
it was the perms/ownership of the actual mount dir /Volumes/XXXXX that were
the(my) problem.

cheers,

richard