Re: Is there any method to limit resource usage in PG?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there any method to limit resource usage in PG?
Date: 2013-08-26 06:49:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/25/2013 11:08 PM, 高健 wrote:
> That program is written by Java.
> It is to use JDBC to pull out data from DB, while the query joined
> some table together, It will return about 3000,000 records.
> Then the program will use JDBC again to write the records row by row
> , to inert into another table in the DB.

why not have SQL do the insert of the data you're querying? is java
doing any actually processing on this data thats not practical to do
within SQL ?

otherwise, if you need to process the data in the client before
returning it to the database, you probably should use a cursor so you
can batch the data.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W