Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date: 2013-08-23 08:36:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/23/13 8:38 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2013/8/22 Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
>> I like the idea, but I think this should be a new verbosity level. With
>> this patch you would have to go full VERBOSE just to debug PL/pgSQL code
>> with NOTICEs and DEBUGs in it, and that output then becomes harder to parse
>> with the useless C-code information.
>>

> do you prepare patch ?

I should have the time to produce one for the September commitfest, but
if you (or anyone else) want to work on this, I won't object.

My opinion at this very moment is that we should leave the the DEFAULT
verbosity alone and add a new one (call it COMPACT or such) with the
suppressed context for non-ERRORs.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja