Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Date: 2013-06-24 17:37:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 06/24/2013 10:22 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Mind you, we wouldn't be able to reward a few reviewers, because they
> live in countries to which it's impossible to ship from abroad.
>
> I have previously proposed that all of the reviewers of a given
> PostgreSQL release be honored in the release notes as a positive
> incentive, and was denied on this from doing so. Not coincidentally, we
> don't seem to have any reviewers-at-large anymore.

I don't like idea of sending gifts. I do like the idea of public thanks.
We should put full recognition in the release notes for someone who
reviews a patch. If they didn't review the patch, the person that wrote
the patch would not have gotten the patch committed anyway. Writing the
patch is only have the battle.

Heck, think about the FKLocks patch, Alvaro wrote that patch but I know
that Noah (as well as others) put a herculean effort into helping get it
committed.

Reviewer recognition should be on the same level as the submitter.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc