Re: matview incremental maintenance

From: Stefan Drees <stefan(at)drees(dot)name>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: matview incremental maintenance
Date: 2013-06-17 15:18:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2013-06-17 16:41 +02:00, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Since there seems to be interest in discussing incremental
> maintenance of materialized views *now*, I'm starting this thread
> to try to avoid polluting unrelated threads with the discussion. I
> don't intend to spend a lot of time on it until the CF in progress
> completes, but at that point the work will start in earnest. So
> I'll say where I'm at, and welcome anyone who has time to spare
> outside of the CF to comment or contribute ideas.
>
> The paper at the core of the discussion can be found by searching
> for "maintaining views incrementally gupta mumick subrahmanian" --
> it's on both the ACM and CiteSeerX websites. Of course, one

i.e.
Ashish Gupta, Inderpal Singh Mumick, and V. S. Subrahmanian. 1993.
Maintaining views incrementally. In Proceedings of the 1993 ACM SIGMOD
international conference on Management of data (SIGMOD '93), Peter
Buneman and Sushil Jajodia (Eds.). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 157-166.
DOI=10.1145/170035.170066 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/170035.170066

just in case a direct reference might come in handy :-)

All the ebst,
Stefan.