Re: PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5
Date: 2013-05-15 00:58:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/14/2013 5:38 PM, ocalderon(at)solucionesaplicativas(dot)com wrote:
> Can you provide me the link to that rpm please? Because I tried some rpms of postgres91 tcl that requires 8.5 version. Also I had the problem that also those packages that I tried asked me to install dependencies postgresql91 and postgre91-libs, like i wouldnkt have an instance of postgresql installed.

I got it from yum.postgresql.com via the yum command.

yum install postgresql91-pltcl

it WILL want to install a newer 9.1 sub-release, you said you're running
9.1.1 which is like 2 years worth of patches behind. The current
supported 9.1 release is 9.1.9... in particular, there's a data
corruption bug in 9.1.5 and earlier, which can lead to corrupt
indexes. you should reindex after upgrading to 9.1.6+

--
john r pierce 37N 122W