Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Date: 2013-05-14 15:39:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14.05.2013 05:34, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> In the last two years, the first commit fest started in June, which is
> about a month from now. If we are going to do that again, we should
> clarify that as soon as possible. And if we are not, then we should
> also clarify that, because some people are probably expecting that we
> are.
>
> So, any thoughts on the commit fest schedule, any need for deviations,
> or same old?

Same old sounds good to me. We released 9.3beta1 at the same time this
year that we released 9.2beta1 last year. I've been quite happy with the
9.3 schedule. There are a few items on the 9.3 Open Items list, but I
would expect them to be resolved in the next week or two, so that
barring any major new issues, we could release 9.3beta2 at the end of
May, like we released 9.2beta2 last year.

- Heikki