Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins.
Date: 2018-01-04 01:17:04
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

So this patch has been in place for two weeks, the buildfarm has still
got the measles, and we're entering the January commitfest with a lot
of other work to get done. I realize that the two weeks were mostly
holiday time, but it's time to have some urgency about clearing the
buildfarm failures.

As best I understand, the remaining failures simply arise from
an unstable regression test case and aren't teaching us anything
of value. I propose that for the moment, we simply remove the
failing query from join.sql. We can put it back when there's
reason to think it will pass everywhere.