Compare bit and int4

From: Hafsteinn Þór Hafsteinsson <hafsteinn(at)nervus(dot)is>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Compare bit and int4
Date: 2001-06-29 10:41:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, I need to be able to do something like this:

select * from tblTable where bField=1

and bField is defined as 'bit'. I know i can avoid getting this error:

"Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'bit and 'int4'
You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast"

by changing the 1 to CAST(1 as bit), but that's not an option (query
will be run on both Access and PostgreSQL). How can i create
an operator/function to handle this automatically?

thx!

-haffi