Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Date: 2013-04-28 00:29:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

So here's my draft list of "Major Enhancements" for the relase notes:

* Writeable Foreign Tables
* pgsql_fdw driver for federation of PostgreSQL databases
* Automatically updatable VIEWs
* MATERIALIZED VIEW declaration
* LATERAL JOINs
* Additional JSON constructor and extractor functions
* Indexed regular expression search
* Disk page checksums to detect filesystem failures
* Streaming-only remastering of replicas
* Performance and locking improvements for Foreign Key locks
* Parallel pg_dump for faster backups
* Directories for configuration files
* pg_isready database connection checker
* COPY FREEZE for reduced IO bulk loading
* User-defined background workers for automating database tasks
* Recursive view declaration

I note that the first one I'm leading off with actually isn't included
in your release notes. So please add it:

Allow foreign data wrappers to accept writes
Foreign data sources can now be written to,
as well as read, provided that the FDW driver
supports it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.