Re: logging messages this time

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Eric S(dot) Johansson" <esj(at)harvee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logging messages this time
Date: 2003-10-29 16:14:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Eric S. Johansson" <esj(at)harvee(dot)org> writes:
> ... I'm trying to get logging working so I can observe
> more closely what is failing and make a more appropriate diagnosis.

Turning on log_connections and log_statement certainly ought to produce
more output than you are getting. I wonder if maybe you are editing the
wrong copy of postgresql.conf --- people have made that mistake before.
The right copy is the one in the PGDATA directory (-D postmaster argument).
Don't forget that you need to either SIGHUP or restart the postmaster to
get it to take notice of changes in postgresql.conf.