Re: small but useful patches for text search

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date: 2009-03-24 22:31:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:41 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> So far taking the CVS logs and making a list of only the items we want
> for the release notes took one day; researching and rewording the
> items
> so they are ready for the release notes took five days; grouping them
> into sections and rewording/combining, 1/2 a day, and adding SGML
> markup
> will be another few hours.

FWIW, this is a thankless job, and I commend you for taking it on,
Bruce. Others may feel that there are better ways to do it, or to
track changes through time so it's easier to generate the changes list
at release time, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to do what
you do for this, so many thanks for putting together a useful list of
changes every release.

Thanks,

David