Byte code, large objects, client/server, SQL, ODBC

From: Christian Bucanac <christian(dot)bucanac(at)mindark(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Byte code, large objects, client/server, SQL, ODBC
Date: 2001-04-23 12:51:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I am trying to find a simple and efficient way to store byte code in
postgres. The ODBC driver seems to support binary data, but not postgres.

I have looked into storing the byte code as large objects. The problem I run
into is that the functions (lo_import and lo_export) that handle large
objects are server file based. My application is running as a client towards
the postgres server over an SQL ODBC connection. To make it work properly, I
would have to store the byte code on disk and FTP it to and from the server.
It does not seem as a simple and efficient solution. Do you have any ideas
of how to solve the problem?

Thanks for your help!

/Buckis

  • pl/pgsql at 2001-04-23 13:44:08 from Juan