Re: VB.NET web applications accessing PostgresSql through ODBC

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Allan Sullivan <allan(dot)sullivan(at)nortak(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VB.NET web applications accessing PostgresSql through ODBC
Date: 2006-12-15 23:59:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I've just started working with PostgresSQL.
> Currently, we are using version 8.2 on a Windows XP
> platform for both the Postgres DB and all other
> application files.
>
> I am trying to estabish a connection to the database
> using ODBC (PostgreSQL Unicode driver 8.02.02.00)
> within a VB.Net application.

Allan, i don't know if it is an issue or not, but i
recall that the odbc drivers for pgsql are gpl. if
i'm right, i think this might mean your whole
application may have to be gpl if you use them. i'm
not 100% certain and i don't evenknow if it is an
issue for you, however, i thought i'd chime in so you
can follow up on it *if* it is an issue.

good luck.