Re: idle connections

From: Aras Angelo <araskoktas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idle connections
Date: 2009-10-06 16:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for the informative post.

We believe this was caused by a network issue yesterday after checking our
network speeds. We were maxing our ethernet port at 100 mbps, i believe some
apache processes were hanging because of this issue, having no available
bandwidth left. Considering an upgrade to a gbps port and we will see how
this will effect.