Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hari Babu <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>, 'Craig Ringer' <craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, 'Hans-Jürgen Schönig' <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, 'Ants Aasma' <ants(at)cybertec(dot)at>, 'PostgreSQL Hackers' <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, 'Amit kapila' <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
Date: 2013-02-28 08:22:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Zoltan,
>>
>> * Boszormenyi Zoltan (zb(at)cybertec(dot)at) wrote:
>>> If we get rid of the per-statement variant, there is no need for that either.
>> For my 2c, I didn't see Tom's comments as saying that we shouldn't have
>> that capability, just that the implementation was ugly. :)
>
> But I am happy to drop it. ;-)
>
>> That said, perhaps we should just drop it for now, get the lock_timeout
>> piece solid, and then come back to the question about lock_timeout_stmt.
>
> OK, let's do it this way.

Dropped the per-statement lock timeout for now. The patch is
now obviously simpler and shorter. I renamed
enable/disable_multiple_timeouts() to simply enable/disable_timeouts()
since the List* argument implies more than one of them and
you need to type less.

The comments and the documentation needs another review,
to make sure I left no traces of the per-statements variant.
I can't see any but I stared at this patch for so long that I can't
be sure anymore.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

Attachment Content-Type Size
2-lock_timeout-v33.patch text/x-patch 35.6 KB