isolation test problem with MSVC (VC2012) / Windows 8

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: isolation test problem with MSVC (VC2012) / Windows 8
Date: 2013-02-27 17:54:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My VC2012 / Windows 8 buildfarm member bowerbird is having frequent
problems with running the isolation tests. The symptom is that one or
more output files don't seem to be flushed properly to disk. The odd
thing is that the Mingw buildfarm member jacana I have on the same
machine is having no difficulty, and I find it hard to account for the
difference. In any case, I'm wondering if adding a couple of
fflush(stdout) calls (at the bottom on main() and exit_nicely()) to
src/test/isolation/isolationtester.c might help. Does anyone object to
me trying this?

cheers

andrew