Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Date: 2013-02-19 00:19:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

So, our drop in performance is now clearly due to pathological OS
behavior during checkpoints. Still trying to pin down what's going on,
but it's not system load; it's clearly related to the IO system.

Anyone else see this? I'm getting it both on 3.2 and 3.4. We're using
LSI Megaraid.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.