Re: Incremental checkopints

From: jordani(at)go-link(dot)net
To: greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incremental checkopints
Date: 2011-07-30 05:23:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If you make writes go out more often, they will be less efficient

I think fsync is more important. But many writes + fsync is no good too.
Let suppose that 30 WAL segments are good for performance (to be written
at once). In incremental approach we can have 60 segments and we can write
30 at once. There is no checkpoint_timeout - more buffers will stay more
time.

I can not see any disadvantage.

Jordan Ivanov