Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Honza Horak <hhorak(at)redhat(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Date: 2012-06-09 22:02:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> We already have the ability to configure the Unix socket directory in
> postgresql.conf. All you need to do is turn that into a list.

Um, no, it's not quite that simple. In particular, what do you think
should happen on the client side?

I'm inclined to think that we should (continue to) have a hardwired
"primary" directory, which is the one that libpq is also configured
to look in by default. But we could add a run-time-configured list
of secondary directories to establish sockets in.