Re: SHMMAX seems entirely broken in OS X 10.4.2

From: "Thomas F(dot) O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: SHMMAX seems entirely broken in OS X 10.4.2
Date: 2005-08-30 02:46:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In order to get postgres working in concert with an iSight on a
PowerBook, I had to increase shmmax, and it seemed to work just fine
by editing /etc/rc:

sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=134217728 kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32 kern.sysv.shmseg=8 kern.sysv.shmall=1024

After restarting, I have:

# sysctl -a | grep shm
kern.sysv.shmmax: 134217728
kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
kern.sysv.shmall: 1024

Of course, this still doesn't seem to be enough to let postgres play
nicely with the iSight...

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect