Re: Problem with records that disappear.

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with records that disappear.
Date: 2013-01-14 08:51:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/14/2013 12:45 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 1/14/2013 12:15 AM, Condor wrote:
>>
>> When I call the function from php everything it's seems to work,
>> but some time modify records just disappear. I don't have any ideas
>> for the moment
>> what is the problem in my postgresql or in my php code. I'm sure
>> there was a recording was made.
>> I run in middle night vacuum, reindex on tables and vacuum analyze; ...

oh, and vacuum is totally safe to be run concurrently with transactions,
the only negative impact is the performance impact of the additional IO
and CPU resources the VACUUM uses while active. Ditto REINDEX, it should
be safe, at most it will lock an index til that index is rebuilt..

with autovacuum, doing nightly vacuums and analyzes shouldn't be
neccessary...