Missing libpq error with pgadmin/postgresql-libs

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing libpq error with pgadmin/postgresql-libs
Date: 2013-01-07 09:48:14
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

I installed the postgresql-9.1 yum repository package on a Centos 6
system, and followed by installing pgadmin with:

yum install pgadmin3_91

It installed the postgresql91-libs package to satisfy dependency. But
when I try to launch pgadmin, I get an error:

[heikki(at)centos6-x86-vm ~]$ pgadmin3
pgadmin3: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open

Running this as root fixed it:

ln -s /usr/pgsql-9.1/lib/libpq.so.5 /usr/lib64

- Heikki