Re: json api WIP patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: json api WIP patch
Date: 2013-01-04 20:51:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/04/2013 03:36 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>

> 2013/1/4 Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>:

>> Udated patch that contains most of the functionality I'm after. One piece
>> left is populate_recordset (populate a set of records from a single json
>> datum which is an array of objects, in one pass). That requires a bit of
>> thought.
>>
>> I hope most of the whitespace issues are fixed.
>>
> it is looking well
>
> I have one note - is it "json_each" good name?

Possibly not, although hstore has each(). json_unnest might be even less
felicitous.

I'm expecting a good deal of bikeshedding - I'm trying to ignore those
issues for the most part because the functionality seems much more
important to me than the names.

The more people that pound on it and try to break it the happier I'll be.

cheers

andrew