Re: proposal: separate databases for contrib module testing

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: separate databases for contrib module testing
Date: 2012-12-02 17:36:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/02/2012 11:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 12/02/2012 10:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Personally I always thought that was a feature not a bug. If we give
>>> each one its own DB, there will be a couple of dozen databases
>>> cluttering the installation at the end of "make installcheck", and no
>>> convenient way to get rid of them.
>> How about if we have a make target to clean these databases out,
>> "installcheck-clean", maybe? Alternatively, or in addition, how about if
>> we have a separate make target to do things the way I'm suggesting,
>> assuming I can make that work?
> Either of those would satisfy my concern. The latter might be a bit
> easier, not sure.

Yeah. This lets me get what I want, via "make USE_MODULE_DB=1
installcheck", don't even need a new target. There's probably a case for
doing the same sort of thing for the pl_* makefiles on the basis of
consistency, not sure if it's worth it though.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
module_db.patch text/x-patch 1.4 KB