Re: WIP: index support for regexp search

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: index support for regexp search
Date: 2012-11-20 09:43:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Glad to see this patch hasn't been totally forgotten. Being able to use
indexes for regular expressions would be really cool!

Back in January, I asked for some high-level description of how the
algorithm works
(http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4F187D5C.30701@enterprisedb.com).
That's still sorely needed. Googling around, I found the slides for your
presentation on this from PGConf.EU - it would be great to have the
information from that presentation included in the patch.

- Heikki