Re: Re: Increasing work_mem and shared_buffers on Postgres 9.2 significantly slows down queries

From: Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz(at)uci(dot)cu>
To: Petr Praus <petr(at)praus(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Increasing work_mem and shared_buffers on Postgres 9.2 significantly slows down queries
Date: 2012-11-01 20:40:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Regards, Petr.
Tuning PostgreSQL is not just change the postgresql.conf, it includes
more things like:
- the filesystem that you are using
- the kernel version that you using (particularly in Linux systems)
- the tuning to kernel variables
- the type of discs that you are using (SSDs are very fast, like you saw
in your iMac system)

--

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda

http://www.uci.cu