Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake
Date: 2024-03-04 05:16:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 4 Mar 2024, at 06:44, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> so I have applied it

Great! Thank you! A really useful stuff for an asynchronous testing!

> On 4 Mar 2024, at 09:17, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl> wrote:
>
> this code is included in src/test/modules. It sounds like that
> location will make it somewhat hard to install.

+1. I joined the thread too late to ask why it’s not in core. But, it seems to me that separating logic even further is not necessary, given build option —with-injection-points off by default.

> If that's indeed the
> case, would it be possible to move it to contrib instead?

There’s no point in shipping this to users, especially with the build without injection points compiled.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.