Re: Please could you provide more specific step by step instructions to build this driver psqlodbc-09.01.0200 under Windows.

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Копыченко Павел <t34box(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please could you provide more specific step by step instructions to build this driver psqlodbc-09.01.0200 under Windows.
Date: 2012-10-02 19:38:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 10/02/2012 05:51 PM, Копыченко Павел wrote:

>> Please explain how the compiler can collect ODBC driver
>> psqlodbc-09.01.0200 under Windows.
>>
>> I wont to compile this driver for x86 and x64 Win architecture. I was
>> read next file win32-compilation.html.
>> Follow the exact steps I compile it fails. I tried VS2005 VS72003 VS6.
>> Every time I get a bunch of errors. For example, in Linux I have no
>> problems. Only windose conpilation does not work.
>>
>> Please could you provide more specific step by step instructions to
>> build this driver for windose.

This isn't a bug report. Ask on pgsql-odbc or pgsql-general, but be
aware that the ODBC folks tend to be very busy and don't get the chance
to answer mail much.

"a bunch of errors" and "fails" tell the reader nothing. If you want
help, when you post to a more suitable list make sure you include a LOT
more detail - the steps you've followed, the exact text of the error
messages, etc etc. Use a pastebin site to paste long errors and just put
a link in your email.

Please don't reply to me; make a new post on a more suitable list.

--
Craig Ringer