Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2018-01-18 14:41:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!
> 18 янв. 2018 г., в 18:57, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> написал(а):
>
> What is amcheck_next ?
amcheck_next is external version of amcheck, maintained by Peter G. on his github. It checks one more thing: that every heap tuple has twin in B-tree, so called heapallindexed check.
Version V3 of your patch was checked with heapallindexed and passed the test, both on master and on slave.

>> During bt_index_check() test from time to time I was observing
>> ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
>> DETAIL: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.
>>

> Sorry, I forgot to attach the amcheck fix to the previous message.
No problem, surely I've fixed that before testing.
> Now all the patches are in attachment.
> Could you recheck if the error is still there?
No need to do that, I was checking exactly same codebase.
And that error has nothing to do with your patch, amcheck does not always can perform bt_index_parent_check() on slave when master is heavy loaded. It's OK. I reported this error just to be 100% precise about observed things.

Thanks for working on this feature, hope to see it in 11.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.