Re: [GENERAL] List archives search function broken

From: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-12-05 10:51:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

> > Using the list archive search function currently fails with
> > 503 Service Unavailable.
> >
> > Should messages about list archive problems go to pgsql-general, or
> > would it be better to use one of the other lists like bugs, hackers,

> > or www?
>
> I think complaints should go to -www list. btw, www.pgsql.ru
> is working and I think it could be as 'backstop' for main
> search engine, for example on "server error" there could link
> to http://www.pgsql.ru/db/pgsearch/index.html?set=archives

Not a bad idea, but I won't be able to implement that, as the frontend
does not allow per virtual host error pages. - Unless someone is willing
to write a patch for pound (http://www.apsis.ch/pound).

Btw, this would have been caught earlier, if not for the fact that I've
been without an internet connection @ home for the past few days. Db
backend server OS had shut down for yet to be determined reasons.

Kind Regards,

John